Is a term that is now commonly used by both professional car detailers and car cleaning enthusiasts worldwide to describe the process of restoring and rejuvenating the paintwork of a vehicle, mostly through the elimination of surface imperfections, that dull, oxidize, or haze the surface by reflecting light off in various directions, therefore detracting from a true and proper, clean, sharp, reflection.
These imperfections include things like swirl marks & fine scratches, bird dropping etching & acid rain etching, hologramming & buffer trails, and random isolated deep scratches (or RIDS)
Paintwork defects such as scratches, swirls and holograms are all removable by machine polishing. Machine polishing is a recognised method of paint correction for professionals.
The thickness of the paint you see on your car is measured in microns (µm), 1 micron is equivalent to one thousandth of a millimetre (1/1000mm). It's comprised of three layers: Primer, Base Colour Coat and Clear Coat (lacquer). The most common paintwork imperfections occur as swirl marks, deep marring and scratches (usually introduced during the wash process), etching caused by acid rain and calcium carbonate deposits from environmental and industrial fallout, as well as buffer marks resulting from poor machine polishing techniques!
SCRATCH AND SWIRL REMOVAL
This is a before and after of paint correction on a car with heavy swirls and light scratches. This car was abused from automated washes all it's life, however we were able to restore the paint to near factory conditions. Aside from the swirl marks being removed, you can also notice a difference in the depth and gloss of the paint.
The eventual damages of sun and weather exposure to unprotected paint. Unless we protect the paint on our cars, or the gelcoats on out boats, it will cause paint oxidation and filure.
Overspray is any contaminant that sits on top of the clear coat and other surface panels that cannot be easily washed off of the vehicle. As a result, there is usually a rough, gritty to the touch texture on the vehicle surface. Some overspray, like fire soot and chemical fallout, settle very low on the clear coat and will seep into pores of the finish which would require a deep polish using our proprietary releasing agents to repair the vehicle.
Cars - $399
SUV/Minivans - $499
Trucks - $599
- PAINT CORRECTION:65-75% CORRECTION FACTOR
- Paintwork is treated to a one stage correction process to remove light paint imperfections, such as minor swirl marks and fine scratches and one more for polish to increase the gloss factor.
- Chrome and stainless steel surfaces are treated and protected.
- All light clusters are treated and protected. inside and outside windows clean, door jams clean and wax.
- A non-abrasive pre-wax oil is applied, which preserves and nourishes the paintwork. This solution also helps clean paint corrected surfaces before the sealant is applied, to maximize bonding.
- Paintwork is protected with 1 layer of carnauba wax enriched with PTF-E to give your car a sophisticated protective shield which is ideal for vehicles that are used each day, and a great shine
Cars - $699
SUV / Minivans - $750
Trucks - $899
- PAINT CORRECTION:80-95% CORRECTION FACTOR
- Paint thickness is measured
- Various lighting is used to establish the condition of the paintwork.
- Wet sand may be applied in some cases depending on paint conditions
- Paintwork is treated into a heavy two or three stage paint correction process (cutting buff/ buffing/ polish) to eliminate defects including medium swirl marks, scratches and holograms. Panels are alcohol wiped after every stage to ensure true correction. Exhaust tips are rejuvenated with specially designed metal compounds. door jams are cleaned and waxed.
- One layer of the highest grade paint sealer / polymer or teflon is applied to the paint surface.
- Wheel wax, enhanced with PTF-E, is applied to enhance the look and feel of the wheels while repelling dirt, road salt and brake dust, tire dressing
- Windscreen is treated with rain repellent coating, which chemically bonds with the glass to provide high durability.